INFO: Preliminary programme: 7th Conference on Carbon Dioxide as Feedstock for Fuels, Chemistry and Polymers
Topics: Carbon Capture, Hydrogen, Fuels for cars and aviation, Chemicals and Polymers as well as Mineralisation and Proteins
More than 200 leading international experts in CO2 utilization and 20 exhibitors are expected to attend the "7th Conference on Carbon Dioxide as Feedstock for Fuels, Chemistry and Polymers", 20-21 March 2019, in Cologne, Germany. Main topics of the conference are the new political framework, renewable energy and hydrogen production, artificial photosynthesis, carbon capture technologies, CO2-based fuels, chemicals and polymers as well as mineralisation and proteins.
At the 7th Conference on Carbon Dioxide as Feedstock for Fuels, Chemistry and Polymers, leading players will showcase enhanced and new applications using CO2 as feedstock. The main topics of the conference are the new political framework, renewable energy and hydrogen production, artificial photosynthesis, carbon capture technologies, CO2-based fuels for transport and aviation, chemicals and polymers as well as mineralisation and proteins. As in previous years, experts from the nova-Institute will invite the most outstanding companies and institutes to bring the participants up-to-date on the latest CCU technologies and their implementation. The conference will also highlight the leading trends for the next ten years - particularly in view of the improved political conditions.
The preliminary programme
Day 1, 20 March 2019
Visions / Strategy
- Damien Dallemagne, CO2 Value Europe (EU): Achievements and Perspectives for CO2 Utilisation in Europe.
- Wayne Song, cclick (CN): requested
- Michael Carus, nova-Institut GmbH (DE): Renewable Carbon is Key to a Sustainable and Future-Oriented Chemical Industry.
- Nils Rettenmaier, ifeu-Institut GmbH (DE): N.N.
Hydrogen Production / Carbon Capture
- Denis Thomas, Hydrogenics (BE): Large Scale PEM Water Electrolysis, Ready for CCU Projects.
- Amelie Carron, Air Liquide (FR): N.N.
Six short presentations from our nominees for the best CCU process or product will be presented soon.
Day 2, 21 March 2019
CO2 for Chemistry and Polymers
- Sylvia Gyldemyn, Organic Waste Systems (NL): CAPRA: Turning Syngas into Added-value Chemicals Using Anaerobic Fermentation Technology.
- Richard French, Econic Technologies (UK): Harnessing the Endless Potential of CO2.
- Dr. Jörg Mampel, Brain AG (DE): "One-fits-all" - Introducing a Modular CCU Concept for the Biotechnological Production of Value Added Compounds Using Naturally Evolved and Engineered Microorganisms.
- Willemijn Witteven, Avantium (NL): Reducing CO2 Producing Chemicals: The Potential of Electrochemistry.
- Dr. Christoph Gürtler, Covestro (DE): New Developments in the Field of CO2 Based Materials.
CO2 for Fuels
- Christian Schweitzer, bse Engineering Leipzig GmbH (DE)
- Rudolf Dörpinghaus, IASA (DE): Greener Skies Ahead: PtL Fuels as a Kerosene Alternative for Sustainable Aviation.
- Bruce Dannenberg, Phytonix Corporation (US): Utilizing Synthetic Biology to Address Global Challenges: Climate Change and Sustainable Chemistry.
- Prof. Dr. Peter Lindblad, Uppsala University (SE): CO2-Fixation and Engineering for Increased CO2-Fixation in Photoautotrophic Organisms.
CO2 for Mineralisation
- Sophia Hamblin Wang, Mineral Carbonation International (AU)
Call for papers
Companies and institutes are welcome to present their latest products, technologies or developments - abstracts can be uploaded here. You are welcome to present your latest products, technologies or developments until end of November.
Call for Innovations for the new "Innovation Award for the Best CO2 Utilisation 2019"!
You are welcome to present your latest products, technologies or developments. Hand in your application here as soon as possible.
For the first time the "Innovation Award for the Best CO2 Utilisation 2019" will be granted at the conference to the young, innovative CCU industry for finding suitable applications and markets for CO2 based products and technologies. Deadline for submission: End of 2018. All information here.
Exhibition and sponsoring opportunities
The fee of a booth (6 m2) is only 500 € (excl. 19% VAT). Table, table cloths, a pin board, a chair and a power connection are provided by the organizer. You are welcome to use your own booth system. Simply book your booth and provide Dominik Vogt with a printable logo and your company profile.
Many thanks to COVESTRO (DE) for supporting the conference as a Sponsor of the Innovation Award and many thanks to Phytonix (US) for sponsoring the conference as a Gold Sponsor. EnergieAgentur.NRW is supporting the conference as a Premium Partner. All sponsoring opportunities are online here.
Register now and join the revolution, visit http://www.co2-chemistry.eu and meet the leading entrepreneurs of the new industry!
Your nova-Ccnference team